Inspiration came from one of my favorite NYC restaurants, Prune, on the Lower East Side. Often when waiting for one of the few tables in this tiny restaurant I enjoy one of their signature cocktails and snack on radishes with sweet butter and kosher salt. So simple and delicious. I even serve them when I have friends over for drinks. The peppery radish flavor combined with sweet and salty will wake up any piece of morning toast.
Radish Butter Toast
- 1 bunch radishes, cleaned, root ends removed and finely chopped
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted sweet butter, softened
- Kosher salt or quality flake salt
- Place radishes in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Wrap in a dish towel, cheese cloth or paper towel and wring out excess liquid.
- Cream the finely chopped radishes and butter together until smooth and well mixed.
- Spread on toast and sprinkle with kosher salt or a quality flake salt to taste.
Will stay fresh refrigerated in an airtight container for several days. Remove 15 minutes before use to allow butter to soften.